Welcome to "Le Gîte du Causse" where you will spend a pleasout and resful stay in "Le Quercy Blanc" the name of the region around Montcuq (S.E. of the Lot departement).
"Le Gîte du Causse" is an ancient 17th century farm house, entirely rebuilt, with its typical pigeon-house, traditionnal breadoven, barn and lean-toshed giving shade to your outdoor meals by the swimming-pool (5 x 10 m).
From the stone-built terrace, you will discover the large park surrounding the house. It's a peaceful place where you can enjoy undisdturbed rest and relaxation. "Le Gîte du Causse" is a house whith character listed "trois épis" the highest grade in the register of "Art de vivre dans nos demeures de pays" (art of living in traditional houses of our region) by the Departemental Tourist Board of Midi-Pyrénées.
• Outdoor swimming in a secure (alarm) swimming-pool (5 x 10 m)
• Housing for 8 persons, 191 m2
• 1 living room (50 m2) with fire-place and fully equiped open kitchen (dish washer, microwaves, oven, fridge-freeze, etc.)
• 1 independant lounge (20 m2) with TV, DVD, hifi
• 2 bathrooms (2 shower-baths, 3 wash basins)
• 2 toilets
• 3 bedrooms (22, 19, 15 m2) with 2 large beds and 4 single beds
• 1 sheltered terrace (80 m2) with garden furniture and barbecue
• A large park
• Private parking place
• Central heating
• Free Wi-Fi
Location and access
"Le Gîte du Causse" is located in south of France, Midi-Pyrénées region, in Quercy Blanc (S.E. of the "Lot" departement)
From the centre of Cahors: - take RD 820 to the south (on the way to Toulouse) - leaving Cahors, at the second roundabout, take RD 653 on the right, (on the way to Montcuq), - 0.5 km further turn left on the RD 7 (on the way to Labastide Marnhac, 4 km) then go straight on (10 km) to Lascabanes - then go to a plce called "les Vignals" - drive 6 km to a plce called "La paille" - take a little road on the left then first lane on the right. Here it is.
Leasure activities (at home)
• Tennis (3 km )
• Golf (7 km )
• Horse-riding (8 kms)
• Visiting Cahors, the médieval town, the "Valentré" bridge, the vines and the wines
• Visiting mediavel castels (Bonaguil), old villages (St Cirq Lapopie, Rocamadour, Lauzerte, ...), caves (Padirac, Pech Merle, Roland near Montcuq) country markets, etc.